- Am I eligible for concessions?
Good news. If you have one of the following concession cards, then you may be eligible for a number of rebates that could assist you with paying your energy bills:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs Gold Card
- Can Direct Debit payments be paid from any bank account?
Direct Debit works with most bank accounts within Australia only. For any bank account queries, please contact your bank.
- Can I cancel Paperless at any time?
Yes. My Account makes it easy for you to switch between paper and paperless at any time.
Just select Paperless from the right hand menu to cancel this service in less than three clicks. We’ll also ask why you’re cancelling Paperless along the way to help us continue to make our services even better.
- Can I get a discount?
If you’ve got a concession card, you could qualify for rebates that could make paying your bills easier.
- Can I receive my bill notification via SMS?
Not yet but we’re working on it. Pretty soon we’ll be adding SMS alerts to Paperless so we can let you know when your bill's arrived and send you a friendly reminder just before your bill is due so you can avoid any late fees.
Another good reason to switch to Paperless.
- Can my bill be addressed to both me and my partner?
No. It’s only possible to have one name on the energy bill. However, you can add your partner's name as an authorised representative so they’re able to make changes, updates and enquiries to the account. To add your partner to your account, please call us on 13 13 53 - just have a copy of your bill handy.
- Can my bill be emailed to more than 1 email address?
No. To avoid confusion or double-payment, your bill notifications are delivered to one email address only. By default, this is the email address you nominated when switching to Paperless. You can change your email address at any time in the ‘My details’ section in My Account.
- Can solar help reduce my power bill?
There are many ways to reduce a residential energy bill. Along with managing electricity demands in peak times and reducing appliance use, homeowners can also embrace the power of renewable energy by installing solar panels.Read more
We do our best to avoid it, yet there are times when we have to disconnect the electricity supply to your property.Read more
- Does Synergy remind me if my bill is overdue?
If your account falls overdue, we’ll send you a friendly reminder via email if you're registered for Paperless or by post, if not.depending on if you’re registered for Paperless. If you can, try to avoid your account becoming overdue as Synergy reminder notices can attract a fee.
If you need a little more time to pay your bill, you can request a payment extension online (just have a copy of your bill handy). If you're struggling to pay your bill, call us on 13 13 53 - we're here to help.
- How are concessions paid?
Concessions will be applied as a credit to your Synergy bill to reduce the total amount you have to pay. Eligible concessions will be applied from the date the application was received and when Synergy has confirmed and approved your eligibility.
- How do I cancel my Direct Debit?
The easiest way to cancel your Direct Debit or update your account details is via My Account.
Your payment may still be debited automatically if you cancel your Direct Debit less than 5 business days before your next bill payment or instalment is due.
- How do I update my concessions?
The easiest way to add or manage your concessions is via My Account. Just have a copy of your bill and any eligible concession card/s handy.
- How does Renewable Energy Buyback Scheme (REBS) affect my bill?
In a really good way! When the sun is shining bright, you'll harness the energy from the sun to power your home so you don't have to pay for any electricity during this time.Read more
- How we calculate your bill
Western Power reads your meter at regular intervals and supplies us with the information to produce your bill.
The information we receive from Western Power is called ‘meter data’ or ‘energy data’. This data is obtained from actual meter readings or estimated meter readings. Synergy is required to use the data when calculating your bill.
We calculate your bill by applying your nominated electricity tariff or plan to the data, to obtain what we refer to as ‘billing data’.Western Power is responsible for the meter/energy data and Synergy is responsible for billing data.
If, for any reason, you feel the amount on your bill is not what you expected, simply submit an enquiry online and we will review your bill.
- If my current home has REBS, what happens when I move home?
If you move to a home that is also eligible for REBS, we'll still send your REBS payment to your nominated account for any credit on your final account. If the home you're moving in to is not eligible for REBS, then we'll transfer any credits to your new energy contract.
- Is my bill estimated?
You can check if you're bill is estimated by grabbing a copy of your bill. Printed on the back of your bill at the top, is your 'Usage calculations'.Read more
- Is my payment number the same as my account number?
No, your account number is unique to your account and is the 8-12 digit number located top left of your bill (on the front).
Your payment number is the 10 digit number located on the right, below the dotted line , on the front of your bill. This number is generated each time you make a payment and is needed when conveniently paying your bill online using a credit or debit card
- Is paying online using my credit/debit card secure?
We take great care to handle your personal details using up-to-date security technology. Data is transmitted using secure 256-bit SSL encryption. The security details can be verified by clicking on the padlock icon in the web browser.Payments conform to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. When conducting web payments, the credit card details are only transmitted between the browser and the payment merchant (Commonwealth BPoint).
- Need more time to pay your bill?
Then we're here to help. If you need a little more time to pay, then you can apply for a payment extension in just a few clicks. You'll have the option to extend your payment due date up until just before your next bill is due to be paid. Just have a copy of your bill handy.
- Struggling to pay your bill or suffering financial hardship?
Sometimes it’s hard to pay bills when they all come at once. We understand the stress this can cause. Giving you some extra time to pay, or creating a payment plan are some of the things we can do to help you manage your energy bills.
- Understanding my bill
The bills we send out have a fair bit of important information on them, while most of it is pretty straightforward; there are some things that may need a little more explanation.Read more
- Understanding my solar bill
The good news about solar is that it can make a big difference to the size of your energy bill. This handy guide will help explain what this looks like on your bill.Read more
- What browsers are recommended for My Account and the Synergy website?
To ensure the best browsing experience, we recommend you download the latest version of:
- Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox when accessing this website via a desktop or laptop
- Apple IOS, Google Android or Windows Phone when accessing this website via your favourite mobile or tablet device.
- What happens to my Direct Debit when I move house?
Your can keep your Direct Debit arrangement in place to pay your final bill on your existing account.
When you move, you'll need to set up Direct Debit again for the home you're moving in to as we'll issue you with a new account number.
You can manage your Direct Debit through My Account, or you can contact us and an agent will assist you to re-establish your Direct Debit against your account at your new address.
- What is a network access charge?
The Economic Regulation Authority approved an amendment to Western Power's third Access Arrangement (AA3). The Access Arrangement determines how much Synergy must pay to Western Power to transport electricity to its customers.Read more
- What is a payment extension?
A payment extension just gives you a little more time to pay your bill before your next bill payment is due. All you need is a copy of your bill details handy to apply.
Once your payment extension is granted, Synergy will not charge a late payment fee if you pay your bill by the new extended due date, However, if you don't pay your bill by the new extended due date, a late payment fee will be charged (and added to your next bill).
Apply for a payment extension
- What should I do if I can't afford to pay when my payment extension is due?
If you’ve put a payment extension plan in place with us but you’re still finding it difficult to pay call us on 13 13 53. Together, we'll help find an appropriate payment solution - just have your Synergy account number handy (you'll find this in the top left hand corner of your bill).
At Synergy, we want to support you through difficult times. And we understand that sometimes, it's difficult to pay bills on time. That's why we've developed the Keeping Connected program - a service designed to help you:
- Manage your electricity bills
- Avoid long term debt
- Keep your electricity connected.
- When do I receive my Paperless bill notification?
With Paperless, you’ll conveniently receive your energy bill as soon as it’s ready to view. You'll receive your bill, attached to the email notification, as well as a direct link to view your bill online.
You can keep track of your payment due date in My Account, however, you won’t receive email reminders when your electricity bill is due. The timing of your billing cycle doesn't change when you sign up to Paperless.
- When is the money debited from my account, if paying by Direct Debit?
The amount due will be debited from your bank account on; or shortly after the due date shown on your bill. It takes up to 2 days for this payment to reach your Synergy account.
- When will I receive my final bill?
If you've submitted a move out request, we’ll issue a final bill and commence to close this account and terminate your contract after the move out date. It takes around 5 business days to process your request and you’ll receive your final bill after that.
- When you can't pay your bill
Everyone’s circumstances are different and may change. So if you’re having difficulties paying your bill on time, it’s better to let us know sooner rather than later. We have solutions to help make paying easier. If you leave it too late to contact us we may not be able to help.Read more
- Where can I find my account number?
It's the 8-12 digit number, located top left of your bill (on the front page).Read more
- Why am I no longer receiving the Cost of Living Allowance (CoLA) payment?
On 14 May 2015, the state government announced increases to energy prices for WA households. As part of these changes - they also reviewed the eligibility criteria for the Cost of Living Assistance payment (CoLA).Read more
- Why has my bill been estimated?
There are a couple of reasons which may be behind your bill estimation:
- The Western Power meter reader was unable to access your meter when they arrived for the reading. This may be due to a locked gate, dog or other obstacles that prevented them from accessing your meter
- If you're a registered, self reader and were unable to provide these details in time for your billing cycle, then your bill will be estimated as well
If you'd like to query the estimation, please submit an enquiry or call us on 13 13 53.
- Why is my bill so high?
There are many factors that can influence the size of your energy bill and the cost of electricity is just one of them. If your bill seems higher than normal, or you'd like it to be lower, here are some things to consider.Read more
- Will I be disconnected if I can't afford to pay my bill?
If you’re having trouble paying your bill:
- Call us on 13 13 53 - just have your Synergy account number handy (you'll find this in the top left hand corner of your bill)
- We can discuss giving you more time, or
- We’ll devise a manageable payment plan with you.
There’s nearly always a solution and we're here to help. You can also talk to one of our case managers about the Government’s Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS).
- Will I still receive a bill if I switch to Paperless?
Definitely. We'll just deliver your bill and any account notifications to your inbox instead. It's still the same bill - just with less trees involved and more convenient ways to open, print, file or share. If you need to switch back, you can!
- Will I still receive a Synergy bill if I sign up for Direct Debit?
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.