- Can I switch to Synergy gas for my business?
Gas is available for Synergy customers that use greater than 180GJ (Gigajoules) each year.
Request a call back or call us on 13 13 54 to arrange a quote.
- How long does it take to switch my gas to Synergy?
- All we need to get started is your contact details, business name and a copy of an energy bill issued by your current provider. We'll then request permission to access your meter details so we can better understand your usage and provide you with the right gas plan.
- Once we’ve figured out your exact savings, we’ll send you an offer for you to sign and return.
- We can start the switching process – it only takes between 5-7 business days to switch to cheaper gas.
Arrange a call back or you can call us 13 13 54.
- Will there be any interruptions to my gas supply when I switch to Synergy Gas?
As long as your gas meter can be upgraded to support an interval metering device, it’s unlikely your supply will be interrupted.
- I use LPG (liquid petroleum gas) can Synergy supply me?
No. Synergy can currently only supply reticulated natural gas.
- Can Synergy supply gas to my home as well?
Although the retail gas market is fully deregulated, the Government prevents Synergy from supplying gas to users who consume less than 180 gigajoules per annum.
- Which is better for our business - a gas plan or a tariff?
If your business spends more than $6,400 per year on gas, there’s both a plan and government regulated tariff available.
A regulated electricity or gas tariff is defined as a standard contract. The terms of a standard contract are governed by regulations and must be approved by the Economic Regulation Authority.
Synergy gas can also offer tailored, energy solutions that include a range of benefits such as discounted rates to help save you money or fixed rates that allow more control over your energy costs with minimal surprises.
- What information do I need to get a gas quote?
To request a quote from Synergy you will need the following:
- Your ABN/ACN
- An email address
- A contact telephone number
- An energy bill issued by your current provider
- The NMI or MIRN for your electricity and/or gas meter (these are unique identifying numbers that can be found on your energy bill)
Alternatively, if you don't have these details at hand, please request a call back or feel free to contact us on 13 13 54. We'll help find the right solution for your business.
- How do I renew my contract?
If your contract is up for renewal, contact the business team or your account manager on 1800 730 265 or request a call back and we'll be in touch. They’ll be happy to discuss your options with you and make sure you have the best energy plan for your business.
- How can I keep track of my usage?
In a busy work environment, it can be tough to keep track of your electricity or gas usage as your bill period progresses. With a number of employees and appliances all contributing to the load, how can you tell where the opportunities lie to save electricity or gas?Read more
- How often will I get billed for gas?
We’ll send your gas bill to the billing address we have on file, or to your inbox if you’ve signed up for Paperless. You’ll generally get a bill every second month.
- How will I be billed for my gas usage? Will it be on my electricity invoice?
You'll receive a separate bill for gas and electricity. This will help with identification of your costs for different forms of energy.
- What is a MIRN number?
MIRN stands for Meter Installation Reference Number - this is the unique number used by our gas supplier (ATCO) to identify the gas meter at your premises. Your MIRN can be found on your bill.Read more
- Who do I call if I have a gas emergency or fault?
For gas emergency or supply faults, if you can smell gas, or if your gas supply has been interrupted, call ATCO's Gas Emergency Line on 13 13 52.