Synergy Business Time of Use® (R1) tariff
Enjoy lower rates if you can switch more usage to off peak
A government regulated tariff to support businesses that use more than 35% of electricity during off peak periods
- Enjoy lower, off peak rates after 10pm during the week and all weekend
- Fixed daily supply charge
- Suitable for low and high voltage
- Compatible meter required
- Access to our dedicated business support team
- Track your usage with My Account, our free energy management tool
The Business Time of Use® (R1) tariff is a Government regulated electricity tariff developed to suit small businesses with day and night operations. It's most suited to businesses that use over 35% of their energy during off peak periods.
- Use under 50,000 units p.a. of electricity (which is approximately $15,500 p.a.) and agree to sign up for a minimum 12 months
- Only available for business customers
- Compatible meter required. Installation fees apply (see below)
|Item||Price inc. GST|
|Supply charge||3.5975 dollars per day|
|Electricity Charge – Peak (8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, including public holidays)||39.0178 cents per unit|
|Electricity Charge – Off-Peak (all other times)||11.7053 cents per unit|
Prices current as at 1 July 2022. Prices are subject to change from time to time and other fees and charges may also apply. Prices listed include GST unless otherwise stated. Synergy calculates its tariffs to four decimal places. Electricity is charged in cents per ‘unit’ unless otherwise specified. A ‘unit’ is one kilowatt-hour (kWh).
Renewable energy systems
Installing a solar or wind system to self-generate? You can register your business’s renewable energy system online, in just a few minutes.Register now
Check your account balance, track your usage and manage your bill payments in one handy spot.Register Now
|Fees & charges||Price inc. GST|
|Account establishment fee||$ 35.40|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Credit or debit card transaction fee American Express||0.84 %|
|Credit card transaction fee MasterCard||0.77 %|
|Debit card transaction fee MasterCard||0.43 %|
|Credit card transaction fee Visa||0.90 %|
|Debit card transaction fee Visa||0.39 %|
|Direct debit dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Disconnection of overhead house premises fee||$ 194.00|
|Meter reprogramming fee||$ 96.50|
|Meter reprogramming fee - remote||$ 35.00|
|Meter testing fee||$ 336.15|
|Over the counter transaction fee||$ 2.10|
|Overdue account notice fee||$ 6.15|
|Paper based bill fee||$ 1.20|
|Reconnection fee||$ 31.10|
|Rejected payment dishonour fee payment made at Australia Post||$ 29.00|
|Supply abolishment fee||$ 518.10|
|Distributed Energy Buyback Scheme administration fee||$ 21.90|
|Special meter reading fee||$ 27.90|
|Special meter reading fee - remote||$ 17.60|
|Subsidiary electricity meter rental fee||$ 0.1597 per day|
|Meter upgrade fee||$ 96.50|
Connect today with a Business Time of Use (R1) tariff
- Whether you’re moving in or out, you can create or transfer your electricity connection online in less than 10 minutes
- Just have a copy of your bill, new address and meter number handy to get started
- It takes around 3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected and you’ll receive your first bill after that
If you require multiple connections, please call 13 13 54.
We're buildingBuilding one or more new premises?
Download and return the following forms:
- Upload form
Open new account
Firstly, welcome! If you’ve never had an account with us before, we just need a few extra details to get your account up and running.
Have your new address details, move in date and contact details handy and call our friendly Customer Service centre on 13 13 54.
Switch to this plan
Already a Synergy customer and want to switch to the Business Time of Use R1 tariff?
No problem. Just download and send a completed Business Time of Use R1 tariff application form to our support team.