Synergy Home Business Plan® (K1) tariff
A cost-effective plan for your home business
Designed for home businesses where electricity is used for both living and working
- Anytime stepped rates apply
- One simple bill for your home and your business (every 2 months)
- No special meter required
- Access to our dedicated business support team
- Track your usage with My Account, our free energy management tool
- Farms that power both the home and farm facilities, such as a shearing shed or a cold storage room
- Where a room or suite of rooms in your home is used for business purposes, such as a doctor's surgery, child-minding centre or real estate office
- Commercial, industrial or general properties with a caretaker's home attached including churches, schools, shops, factories, police stations and post offices
- Bed and Breakfast's/ Boutique Accommodation/ Guest Houses/Boarding Houses
Small businesses can pay more for their electricity usage than home users, so this tariff is designed for businesses that operate from home (and are likely to use more electricity than a home owner but less than a business operating from dedicated premises).
- Electricity for both home and business use must be supplied through a single meter and connected at a low/medium voltage (240/415 volts)
- You will also need to supply a valid ABN
- Note that Government rebates are not available to customers on the Home Business Plan (K1) tariff
Anytime stepped rates apply. This provides a simple daily supply charge, plus 2 blocks of declining usage charges.
|Item||Price inc. GST|
|Supply charge||194.9200 cents per day|
|Electricity charge - first 20 units per day||32.1886 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - next 20 - 1,650 units per day||30.3335 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - more than 1,650 units per day||34.1999 cents per unit|
|Fees & charges||Price inc. GST|
|Account establishment fee||$ 30.95|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$ 2.60|
|Credit or debit card transaction fee American Express||0.84 %|
|Credit card transaction fee MasterCard||0.77 %|
|Debit card transaction fee MasterCard||0.43 %|
|Credit card transaction fee Visa||0.90 %|
|Debit card transaction fee Visa||0.39 %|
|Demolition fee where supply is removed from site||$ 518.10|
|Direct debit dishonour fee||$ 2.60|
|Disconnection of overhead house premises fee||$ 198.25|
|Meter reconfiguration fee||$ 101.30|
|Meter reconfiguration fee - remote||$ 39.90|
|Meter testing fee||$ 340.40|
|Meter testing fee Concession||$ 144.00|
|Over the counter transaction fee||$ 2.10|
|Overdue account notice fee||$ 6.15|
|Paper based bill fee||$ 1.30|
|Reconnection fee||$ 31.10|
|Rejected payment dishonour fee payment made at Australia Post||$ 29.00|
|Supply abolishment fee||$ 518.10|
|Distributed Energy Buyback Scheme administration fee||$ 14.45|
|Distributed Energy System administration fee||$ 14.45|
|Special meter reading fee||$ 27.90|
|Special meter reading fee - remote||$ 15.80|
|Subsidiary electricity meter rental fee||$ 0.1597 per day|
|Meter upgrade fee||$ 101.30|
Effective 1 July 2023. Prices are subject to change from time to time and other fees and charges may also apply. Prices listed include GST unless otherwise stated. By law we calculate our prices to four decimal places. Electricity is charged by the 'unit'. A 'unit' is one kilowatt-hour (kWh).
The pricing details shown relate to Synergy customers connected to the South West Interconnected System (SWIS), covering the area from Kalbarri in the North, down to Albany in the South and East to Kalgoorlie. For other areas of Western Australia outside of the SWIS please contact Horizon Power.
^Applies to multiple flats and home units when a Western Power submeter is supplied through a main meter.
Connect today with a Home Business Plan (K1) tariff
Switch to this planIf you're already a Synergy customer and not moving home but just want to switch to this plan - then give us a call and we'll help arrange this for you.
Just have a copy of your bill handy.
- Whether you’re moving in or out, you can create or transfer your electricity connection online in less than 10 minutes
- Just have a copy of your bill, new address and meter number handy to get started
- It takes around 3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected and you’ll receive your first bill after that
You or your builder can set up your temporary or permanent supply online.
- Make sure Landgate has titled your land as you'll need to provide us with the lot number.
- Firstly, check your property has underground power (the shiny green dome) or call Western Power on 13 10 87 to confirm.
Open new account
Firstly, welcome! If you’ve never had an account with us before, we just need a few extra details to get your account up and running.
Have your new address details, move in date and contact details handy. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days to organise your connection.