Synergy Business Plan ® (L1) tariff
A simple tariff for small businesses
A government regulated tariff for smaller businesses using electricity largely during the day
- A fixed daily supply charge
- No special meter requirements
- No fixed term - switch anytime
- Access to our dedicated business support team
- Track your usage with My Account, our free energy management tool
Effective 1 July 2021. Prices are subject to change from time to time and other fees and charges may also apply. Prices listed include GST unless otherwise stated. By law we calculate our prices to four decimal places.
The Synergy Business Plan (L1) tariff is a Government regulated electricity tariff with no fixed term. It's suitable for businesses that use energy all day, every day or during standard operating hours.
- Use less than 50,000 units p.a. of electricity which is 137 units per day on average or approximately $14,000 p.a.
- Only available to business customers
- Your business will need to be connected at low/medium voltage (240/415 volts)
Anytime stepped rates apply. This provides one simple daily supply charge, a rate for the first 1,650 units used each day and a rate for any units used thereafter.
|Item||Price inc. GST|
|Supply charge||187.6982 cents per day|
|Electricity charge - first 1,650 units per day||29.2089 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - more than 1,650 units per day||32.9320 cents per unit|
|Fees & charges||Price inc. GST|
|Account establishment fee||$ 37.20|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Credit/debit card transaction fee - American Express||0.84 %|
|Credit card transaction fee - MasterCard||0.76 %|
|Debit card transaction fee - MasterCard||0.33 %|
|Credit card transaction fee - Visa||0.89 %|
|Debit card transaction fee - Visa||0.39 %|
|Direct debit dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Disconnection of overhead house/premises service fee following illegal re-connection||$ 194.00|
|Meter reprogram fee||$ 95.70|
|Meter reconfiguration fee - remote||$ 34.00|
|Meter testing fee (refunded if meter is faulty)||$ 336.15|
|Over the counter transaction fee||$ 2.10|
|Overdue account notice fee (GST doesn't apply)||$ 6.15|
|Paper based bill fee||$ 1.20|
|Reconnection fee||$ 31.10|
|Rejected payment/dishonour fee (payment made at Australia Post)||$ 29.00|
|Supply abolishment fee||$ 484.00|
|Distributed Energy Buyback Scheme administration fee||$ 21.90|
|Distributed Energy System administration fee||$ 21.90|
|Special meter reading fee||$ 27.90|
|Special meter reading fee - remote||$ 17.60|
|Subsidiary electricity meter rental fee. (Not available to customers on R1, R3, S1 or T1 tariffs)||$ 0.1597 per day|
|Meter upgrade fee||$ 95.70|
Connect today with a Synergy Business Plan (L1) tariff
- Whether you’re moving in or out, you can create or transfer your electricity connection online in less than 10 minutes
- Just have a copy of your bill, new address and meter number handy to get started
- It takes around 3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected and you’ll receive your first bill after that
If you require multiple connections, please call 13 13 54.
Open new account
Firstly, welcome! If you’ve never had an account with us before, we just need a few extra details to get your account up and running.
Have your new address details, move in date and contact details handy. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days to organise your connection.
Switch to this plan
Already a Synergy customer and want to switch back to the Business Plan L1 Tariff?
No problem. Just call our friendly Customer Service centre on 13 13 54.