Home Business Plan® (K1) tariff
A cost-effective plan for your home business
Designed for home businesses where electricity is used for both living and working
- One simple bill for your home and your business (every 2 months)
- No special meter required
- Track your usage with My Account - our free energy management tool
Will I still be eligible for any rebates or concessions if I switch to the Home Business Plan (K1)?
Please note, if you choose to switch to the Home Business Plan, you'll no longer be eligible for any concessions or rebates you may currently receive. This also includes the Feed-In-Tariff or Renewable Energy Buyback Scheme (REBS). You can choose to switch back to your old plan at any time - but any eligible concessions or rebates will be charged at the current rate.
Small businesses pay more for their electricity usage than home users, so this plan is designed for people who run their business from home (and are likely to use more electricity than a home owner but less than a business operating from dedicated premises).
- To be eligible for the Synergy Home Business Plan®, electricity for both home and business use must be supplied through a single meter. You will also need to supply a valid ABN
- Note that rebates available to customers on residential tariffs are not available to customers on the Home Business Plan (K1) tariff
|Item||Price inc. GST|
|Supply charge||53.8864 cents per day|
|Electricity charge - first 20 units per day||29.3544 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - next 20 - 1,650 units per day||33.6081 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - more than 1,650 units per day||30.3260 cents per unit|
|Fees & charges||Price inc. GST|
|Account establishment fee||$ 33.80|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$ 15.95|
|Credit/debit card transaction fee - American Express||0.4708 %|
|Credit/debit card transaction fee - Visa/Mastercard||0.4708 %|
|Demolition fee||$ 323.92|
|Direct debit dishonour fee||$ 15.95|
|Disconnection of overhead house/premises service fee following illegal re-connection||$ 194.00|
|Meter reprogramming fee||$ 74.00|
|Meter testing fee (refunded if meter is faulty)||$ 336.15|
|Meter testing fee - Concession||$ 144.00|
|Overdue account notice fee (GST doesn't apply)||$ 5.00|
|Reconnection fee||$ 31.10|
|Rejected payment/dishonour fee (payment made at Australia Post)||$ 27.50|
|Removal of a temporary supply fee||$ 323.92|
|Renewable Energy Buyback Scheme application fee||$ 26.40|
|Special meter reading fee||$ 16.63|
|Subsidiary electricity meter rental fee. (Not available to customers on R1, R3, S1 or T1 tariffs)||$ 0.1597 per day|
|Single phase meter for existing homes (240V)||$ 138.24|
|Single phase 240V Meter for new homes||$ 74.00|
|Three phase 415V Meter for existing homes||$ 235.04|
|Three phase 415V Meter for new homes||$ 74.00|
Effective 1 July 2017. Prices are subject to change from time to time and other fees and charges may also apply. Prices listed include GST unless otherwise stated. By law we calculate our prices to four decimal places. Electricity is charged by the 'unit'. A 'unit' is one kilowatt-hour (kWh).
The pricing details shown relate to Synergy customers connected to the South West Interconnected System (SWIS), covering the area from Kalbarri in the North, down to Albany in the South and East to Kalgoorlie. For other areas of Western Australia outside of the SWIS please contact Horizon Power.
- Farms that power both the home and farm facilities, such as a shearing shed or a cold storage room
- Where a room or suite of rooms in your home is used for business purposes, such as a doctor's surgery, child-minding centre or real estate office
- Commercial, industrial or general properties with a caretaker's home attached including churches, schools, shops, factories, police stations and post offices
- Bed and Breakfast's/ Boutique Accommodation/ Guest Houses/Boarding Houses
Connect today with a Home Business Plan
Switch to this planIf you're already a Synergy customer and not moving home but just want to switch to this plan - then give us a call and we'll help arrange this for you.
Just have a copy of your bill handy.
- Whether you’re moving in or out, you can create or transfer your electricity connection online in less than 10 minutes
- Just have a copy of your bill, new address and meter number handy to get started
- It takes around 3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected and you’ll receive your first bill after that
You or your builder can set up your temporary or permanent supply online.
- Make sure Landgate has titled your land as you'll need to provide us with the lot number
- Firstly, check your property has underground power (the shiny green dome) or call Western Power on 13 10 87 to confirm
I'm new to Synergy
Firstly, welcome! If you’ve never had an account with us before, we just need a few extra details to get your account up and running.
Have your new address details, move in date and contact details handy. Please allow a minimum of 3 business days to organise your connection.