Feedback & complaints
- How can I lodge a complaint?
We offer a number of options for you to lodge a complaint:
- Submit your complaint online
- Call us on 13 13 53 between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
- Write to us at GPO Box K851, Perth, 6842.
- How do I submit a Freedom of Information request?
The proclamation of the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (WA) on 1 November 1993 gives the community a legal right of access to documents held by all state and local government organisations. A document includes any record or part of a record, and any copy or reproduction. It therefore covers files, computer printouts, maps, plans, photographs, tape recordings, films, video tapes or electronically-stored information.Read more
- How long will it take for Synergy to address my complaint?
We will work towards addressing your complaint within 20 business days. We will contact you by phone or in writing (if requested) if we need you to supply more information.If your complaint refers to issues that affect the payment of a bill by the due date, we will extend the payment deadline while your complaint is being investigated.We also undertake not to disconnect your electricity supply for non-payment of a bill where your complaint relates directly to your bill, while your complaint is being reviewed.You have a right to have a complaint considered by a senior employee within Synergy if you are not satisfied with the manner in which the complaint is being handled.
- How long will it take to receive a response to my Freedom of Information request?
Within 45 days you will be provided with a notice of decision which will include details such as:Read more
- The date on which the decision was made
- The name and the designation of the officer who made the decision
- If access is refused, the reasons for claiming the document exempt information on the rights of review and the procedures to be followed to exercise those rights.
- How much does it cost to submit a Freedom of Information request?
The rate of fees and charges are set under the FOI Act Regulations. Apart from the application fee for non-personal information, all charges are discretionary.Read more
- How will we manage your complaint?
If you call us to register a complaint, we will acknowledge this by recording your complaint for further investigation and resolution.
If you write to us, send us an email or submit your complaint online - you'll receive an acknowledgment from us in writing within 10 business days to let you know we are looking into it.
- What if I'm not satisfied with your response to my complaint?
If you're not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can:
- Request that we advise you of the reasons for the outcome in writing
- Raise the complaint with the Energy and Water Ombudsman (Freecall 1800 754 004). The Energy and Water Ombudsman was established to receive, investigate and facilitate the resolution of complaints. Please contact Synergy before you contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman, so we have the opportunity to resolve your complaint.
- What is a complaint?
A complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction and you would like something done about it, while a query is a request for information (such as the reasons for why we have acted a certain way, or if we can further explain something to you).
If dissatisfaction has not been expressed, or the customer has not sought resolution, the matter is not considered to be a complaint. If you would like to talk to us about your situation, call us on 13 13 53 and our customer service team will be happy to help.Read the complaint resolution policy (3.4MB)
- Will I receive any compensation?
If we're not successful in acknowledging or responding to a written complaint or query within 10 and 20 business days respectively, you're able to request a Service Standard Payment.
If we fall short of meeting these standards (and the matter is out of Synergy’s control) you are entitled to receive a payment of $20 on request (by cheque or by crediting your account). If this happens, you have up to 3 months from your initial complaint to apply to us for a Service Standard Payment.
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
Chat with us now
We are available to help you online now.Chat now