- Are there other renewable sources of energy?
Renewable energy is produced from sources that cannot be depleted.Read more
- Can I cancel my green energy contribution?
Yes, you can cancel your green energy at any time by updating your preferences in My Account. We'll backdate your cancellation or changes to the first day of the current billing period. No cancellation or change fees apply.
- Can I change my green energy contribution at any time?
Yes, going more or less green is easy. Just log in to My Account, update your green energy option, how much you want to contribute and you're done.
- How do I know my money has paid for renewable energy sources?
Synergy will only use your contribution to purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from Australia's nationally accredited source Greenpower. Renewable energy purchased by Synergy is fed in to the electricity grid where it mixes with energy produced from non-renewable sources; before being supplied to your business.
- How many solar panels will I need for my business?
Your business should use as much energy as the system can generate, as this will be more beneficial for your business than exporting excess energy to the grid.Read more
- How much energy will my solar panels generate?
The more sun the better! Apart from the number of panels and invertor capacity of your system, there's a couple of other factors that can impact how much energy you produce. It all depends on how much sun the system can generate, as this will be more beneficial for your business than exporting excess energy to the grid.Read more
- Is my business eligible for REBS?
REBS is available to residential customers, non-profit organisations and educational institutions that have a small solar system between 500 watts and 5kW. You'll also need to have:
- An approved, bi-directional meter installed
- All necessary approvals to connect your system to the grid, including but not limited to, Synergy and Western Power
We'll let you know if you're eligible for REBS as part of the getting connected process. As long as you don't increase your solar system to above 5kW - we'll continue to buy back your excess energy.
- Is Synergy an accredited GreenPower supplier?
Yes. Synergy's Albany wind farm is an accredited energy supplier for the GreenPower program and is cutting Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions by 65,000 tonnes per annum. That's equal to taking nearly 15,000 cars from our roads for one year.
- What's the difference between EasyGreen and NaturalPower?
Both EasyGreen and NaturalPower contributions are used to purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) from GreenPower.
- With EasyGreen, you pay a set amount each billing cycle between in addition to your daily electricity charges.
- With NaturalPower you can buy an agreed amount based on a % of your electricity consumption.
- Will green energy be used to power my business?
We can't guarantee that the green energy you purchase will be directly fed to your premises. This is because renewable energy purchased by Synergy is fed in to the electricity grid where it mixes with energy produced from non-renewable sources; before being supplied to your business.Read more
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For business enquiries call 13 13 54
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may ask you a couple of questions about your business and energy usage - it helps to have a copy of your bill close by.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.