Skip to main content
Back to topics

Moving premises?

Will there be any interruptions to my gas supply when I switch to Synergy Gas?
As long as your gas meter can be upgraded to support an interval metering device, it’s unlikely your supply will be interrupted.
Can I connect energy to my new premises while my old premises is still connected?

Definitely. You can switch on your new business premises connection while you're still packing up the old premises (as long as the new space is vacant at the time, with no active energy account).

Transfer your connection

Can I nominate somebody else to manage my connection?

Yes, you can nominate others to manage your energy account on your behalf. You can do this by filling out a simple form or you can add them to your account when you move home.

Download consent form (PDF 100KB)

Connecting electricity to a new building?
Need to organise energy for your business at a new building (i.e. under construction or just been built)? We're here to help. There are online forms (below) to get you started that can be used by existing customers, or customers who wish to open an account with Synergy.
Read more
How do I get the temporary meter removed?
Call us on 13 13 54 to arrange removal. We'll arrange with Western Power to remove the meter for you. Please note, a temporary supply removal fee of $518.10 is charged by Synergy in order to recover costs charged by Western Power to visit a site and remove a temporary supply.
How long does it take to connect a meter to our building site?

It depends on how many steps below you need completed to connect your site:

  1. First, check for underground power installed on your block. Look for a shiny green dome or call Western Power on 13 10 87 to confirm or to install your dome.
  2. Apply for a new connection with us - we'll process your request within 3-5 days and issue you with a reference number:
  3. Pass on the reference number/s on to your builder or electrician.
  4. Your builder/ electrician will liaise with Western Power to get your meter installed and connected to the grid. Allow 5 working days in a metropolitan area, and up to 10 working days in rural areas.
How long does it take to connect my premises?
If you're moving in to an existing premises in the metro area, it only takes around 3-5 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected. Please allow between 6-10 days for rural connections.
Read more
When will I receive my first bill?
In general, your meter is read once every 2 months. When you get your first bill after moving in depends on the Western Power scheduled meter reading date in your area.
Who should be the account holder of a temporary supply?
Whenever a property has a power supply, there must be an account holder who is responsible for paying the account. The account holder is usually the property owner, but if you only need power temporarily, the builder or electrician can be the account holder.This way, the tradesperson will be billed for any power used during construction. If you’re not sure who should be responsible, check your building contract for details.

Search all of our help & advice

Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help

For business enquiries call 13 13 54

One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:

  • 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
  • We may ask you a couple of questions about your business and energy usage - it helps to have a copy of your bill close by.
View all contact numbers