- What kind of information does Synergy collect about me?
Other types of personal information we collect can include but is not limited to:
- Information that uniquely identifies you, like your date of birth or product purchase details, such as the date you contracted with Synergy; and
- Your usage information relating to electricity supply or any other product or service we supply to you.
We also collect but do not store financial details, including your credit card number or bank account number.
The personal information we collect is needed to be able to give you the best service possible. If you choose not to provide the personal information we ask you for, we may not be able to offer our products and services to you.
- What standards does Synergy comply with to ensure the safety of my personal and financial information?
Synergy undertakes regular assessment and continuous improvement of our security measures against best-practice industry standards. We work with both the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) and the WA Office of Digital Government (DGov) to understand and monitor the changing digital and cyber threat landscape.
- What can I do to ensure my personal and financial information are safe?
There are a few steps that you can take to safeguard your personal information when engaging online. The ACSC has resources on their website at cyber.gov.au that are free of charge to help you and your family to be cyber secure.
- Will any new security measures impact my online experience?
Recently we have implemented additional security measures for our self-service tools in MyAccount. We are taking steps to ensure that this does not interrupt your online experience, but from time to time with these new security measures in place you may experience a change in online response times. As per the terms and conditions for the Website and My Account, if the Website or My Account is not available or otherwise not fully functional, please use other means of effecting transactions and obtaining information.
Below are a few specific items which can cause security related performance and access issues with MyAccount. You can perform a few simple checks to see if it is a security setting blocking your access or affecting performance. The items to check are:
- An unsupported browser:If you are using a browser that is out of date you may not have the best online experience and access may be blocked due to out-of-date security protections.For most browsers you can find the information about the version you are using under the “Help” or “Settings” options. Please ensure you are using a supported browser version.
- Using a VPN.If you are using a VPN, please turn this off and re-attempt the transaction.
- Browser add-ons or extensions could be compromised or malicious. Unknown to you, your browser extension could have been compromised and our system will pick this up as malicious. Please disable any add-ons/extensions and re-attempt your transaction.
- Your computer operating system is out of date or has been compromised.If your computer has been compromised our system may see this as malicious. Please ensure you have an up-to-date Operating System and any anti-virus program you have installed is up to date. You can run an anti-virus scan and re-attempt your transaction once you know your system has not been compromised.
These actions could also help to keep you cyber safe in other online transactions. The ACSC has resources on their website at cyber.gov.au that are free of charge to help you and your family to be cyber secure.
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.