Skip to main content

Moving or building premises

Moving premises or building a new location for your business can mean exciting times ahead. We've made managing your energy connections simple, so you can focus on the future.

Moving in or out of an existing premises?

Whether you’re moving in or out - you can create, close or transfer your business connection/s online

It takes 1-3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected/disconnected and you’ll receive a first or final bill after that. Please allow 5-6 business days in regional areas.

Please call us on 13 13 54 to continue if:

  • The property has been disconnected (it may take up to 3 business days in the metropolitan area or 6 business days in regional areas to reconnect)
  • Your premises requires life support equipment


Ready to move?

Have the following details handy:

Moving in

  • Synergy account number (It’s in the top left corner of your bill)
  • New business address
  • Phone number

Plus, for moving out you'll also need:

  • Existing business address
  • Future mailing address

For existing business customers, please have a copy of your bill or My Account log in details handy just to confirm your identity.

Arrange your connection


Can I connect energy to my new premises while my old premises is still connected?

Definitely. You can switch on your new business premises connection while you're still packing up the old premises (as long as the new space is vacant at the time, with no active energy account).

Transfer your connection

Building one or multiple premises?

Building a new premises for your business can be an exciting but tough process. Whether you need to arrange temporary or permanent supply for single or multiple sites, this is a good place to start.

Things you need to know

  • Make sure Landgate has titled your land as you'll need to provide us with the lot number
  • Check your premises has underground power (the shiny green dome) or call Western Power on 13 10 87 to confirm
  • If you require a temporary connection, there may be a fee of $323.92 if you contact Synergy to request this removal.

Sign up now

Have the following details handy:

  • Underground power (shiny green dome)
  • Lot number or the parent lot number if the property is strata titled
  • Email address
  • Phone number
  • Property address
  • Your builder or electrician's contact details


Request a site connection


Who should be the account holder of a temporary supply?

Whenever a property has a power supply, there must be an account holder who is responsible for paying the account. The account holder is usually the property owner, but if you only need power temporarily, the builder or electrician can be the account holder.This way, the tradesperson will be billed for any power used during construction. If you’re not sure who should be responsible, check your building contract for details.

There's 4 steps to getting your new premises connected

Check for underground power

Look for a shiny green dome. If you can't find it, Western Power (13 10 87) will need to install a new underground connection.

Get a reference number from us

Once you've submitted the form, we'll send you a reference number in 3 business days so you can progress to step 3.

Give this to the builder/electrician

They'll need this number to arrange meter installation with Western Power. They'll let you know how long this takes.

You're ready to switch on

Once your meter is connected to the power supply, you're done! You'll receive your first bill approximately 2 months later.


If you’re having a premises demolished, first you’ll need to close the account for the location. We can then arrange with Western Power to have your meter and leads removed.

Please allow up to 5 business days for metro areas or up to 10 business days for country areas for removal.

Sign up now

Have the following details handy:

  • Address of the premises being demolished
  • Business name
  • Lot number
  • Meter number
  • Property owner’s contact details
  • Demolition company's contact details
Apply for demolition

Submit your demolition request online

Save time and postage costs and use our handy online tool to submit your completed removal of service application. The faster we receive it, the faster we can organise with Western Power to remove your meter. 

Submit online