- How does Synergy protect my personal information?
We do our best to avoid it, yet there are times when we have to disconnect the electricity supply to your property.Read more
- Does Synergy remind me if my bill is overdue?
If your account falls overdue, we’ll send you a friendly reminder via email if you're registered for Paperless or by post, if not.depending on if you’re registered for Paperless. If you can, try to avoid your account becoming overdue as Synergy reminder notices can attract a fee.
If you need a little more time to pay your bill, you can request a payment extension online (just have a copy of your bill handy). If you're struggling to pay your bill, call us on 13 13 53 - we're here to help.
- Need more time to pay your bill?
Then we're here to help. If you need a little more time to pay, then you can apply for a payment extension in just a few clicks. You'll have the option to extend your payment due date up until just before your next bill is due to be paid. Just have a copy of your bill handy.
- Struggling to pay your bill or suffering financial hardship?
Sometimes it’s hard to pay bills when they all come at once. We understand the stress this can cause. Giving you some extra time to pay, or creating a payment plan are some of the things we can do to help you manage your energy bills.Read more
- What is a payment extension?
A payment extension just gives you a little more time to pay your bill before your next bill payment is due. All you need is a copy of your bill details handy to apply.
Once your payment extension is granted, Synergy will not charge a late payment fee if you pay your bill by the new extended due date, However, if you don't pay your bill by the new extended due date, a late payment fee will be charged (and added to your next bill).
Apply for a payment extension
- What should I do if I can't afford to pay when my payment extension is due?
If you’ve put a payment extension plan in place with us but you’re still finding it difficult to pay call us on 13 13 53. Together, we'll help find an appropriate payment solution - just have your Synergy account number handy (you'll find this in the top left hand corner of your bill).
At Synergy, we want to support you through difficult times. And we understand that sometimes, it's difficult to pay bills on time. That's why we've developed the Keeping Connected program - a service designed to help you:
- Manage your electricity bills
- Avoid long term debt
- Keep your electricity connected.
- When you can't pay your bill
Everyone’s circumstances are different and may change. So if you’re having difficulties paying your bill on time, it’s better to let us know sooner rather than later. We have solutions to help make paying easier. If you leave it too late to contact us we may not be able to help.Read more
- Will I be disconnected if I can't afford to pay my bill?
If you’re having trouble paying your bill:
Apply for a payment arrangement that allows you to pay off what's owing over time by regular instalments.
Just have a copy of your bill or My Account log in details handy to get started...
If your circumstances change and you're unable to meet your payment plan, please call us on 13 13 53 as soon as possible . Together, we can find an appropriate payment solution to make it easier to manage your bills and avoid getting into debt.
Other services and assistance that can help:
- Arrange for automatic deductions from your Centrelink payments via Centrepay
- Seek the assistance of a financial counsellor
- Claim all relevant concessions you’re eligible for e.g. pensioner rebates Check if you’re eligible to apply for the Government’s Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS)
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.