Struggling to pay your bill or suffering financial hardship?
Sometimes it’s hard to pay bills when they all come at once. We understand the stress this can cause. Giving you some extra time to pay, or creating a payment plan are some of the things we can do to help you manage your energy bills.
Get a bit more time to pay your bill
We understand there may be times when it’s difficult to pay your bill on time – that’s why we’ve made it easier for you to request a bit more time to pay.
Before you begin
- Have your Synergy account number handy - you'll find this in the top right hand corner of you bill
- If you have a Direct Debit plan - please cancel this first via My Account - you can set this up again, once the payment has been made
- If you already have a payment arrangement set up - please call us on 13 13 53 to discuss your options
Apply for a payment plan if you're struggling to pay your bill
If you're struggling financially then we may be able to help. Apply for a payment arrangement that allows you to pay off what's owing by regular instalments.
Other services and assistance that can help:
- Arrange for automatic deductions from your Centrelink payments via Centrepay
- Seek the assistance of a financial counsellor
- Claim all relevant concessions you’re eligible for e.g. pensioner rebates
- Check if you’re eligible to apply for the Government’s Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS)