Most popular FAQs
- What is My Account?
My Account is a secure, energy management tool that gives you more control of your energy from any device, whenever it suits:
- Track your energy usage and more
- Compare your energy usage with similar homes
- Access popular energy saving tips
- View and download your Synergy bills
- Pay faster using a secure, quick and simple payment process and save your credit/debit card for future bill payments
- View and compare your payment history
- Set and forget with Direct Debit using your bank account or credit/debit card
- Request a payment extension
- Arrange a move-in or move-out
- Manage your green energy products
- Nominate a bank account so we can automatically send you any REBS payments earned
Read our guide for the above My Account actions
- What is the difference between a Synergy account and My Account?
A Synergy account is the account linked to an individual who is accepting liability for the costs associated with the supply of electricity from Synergy at a property or premises (the supply address). Your Synergy account number is the unique identifier of the account and can be found at the top of your Synergy bill.
My Account is a secure online account management portal for customers that allows you to manage your Synergy account, including updating contact details, viewing current and past bills, your account balance/s and managing any payment arrangements or direct debit arrangements.
If you already have a Synergy account, you can register for My Account here.
If you would like to open a new Synergy account, complete our online form here.
Click here for a simple guide to Synergy My Account.
- What is the difference between a My Account username and a Synergy account holder’s name?
A Synergy account holder’s name is the full legal name of the individual who is accepting liability the costs associated with the supply of electricity from Synergy at a supply address.
A My Account username is a customer’s login details for Synergy's My Account portal. The username is chosen by the customer during the My Account registration process.
Click here for a simple guide to Synergy My Account.
- Can I change the username on My Account?
No, you are unable to change the username on My Account, even if you are the account holder or an authorised representative on the corresponding Synergy account. Your username for My Account is reflective of the information you entered during the My Account registration process and chosen at the time of registration.
If you don’t know or have forgotten your My Account username, please click here and then click on “Forgot username” to retrieve your username via email.
You can update the email address associated with your Synergy account and My Account, by logging into My Account and editing the email field in the 'My details' section found under the 'Account options' menu.
Click here to understand the difference between a Synergy account and My Account.
- Can I change the Synergy account holder’s name?
The Synergy account holder’s name may be changed to reflect a registered name change. If you are the account holder and you wish to update the account to reflect the change to your name, you will need to contact us on 13 13 53 to verify your identity and provide evidence of name change. The name change on the account will be effective from the date we process your request and previous bills will not be updated to reflect the change.
- Can I change or transfer the account holder on a Synergy account?
No, you are unable to change or transfer the account holder of a Synergy account, even if you are the account holder or an authorised representative on the corresponding Synergy account.
If you would like to open and/or close a Synergy account in your name, as the account holder, you can complete our convenient online form here.
Please note that the person listed as the account holder is liable for all costs associated with the electricity supply at the supply address listed on the corresponding Synergy account.
- Can I cancel My Account?
Yes, just call us 13 13 53 or submit an enquiry with your cancellation request. If you’re moving home and plan to keep using My Account at your new address, you don’t have to cancel your My Account registration.
All you need to do is add your new home to your My Account portal - just have a copy of the account number.
If you want to remove an old account, log in to My Account and select 'Accounts' then ‘Remove Account’ and follow the prompts.
How do I add a new Synergy account to Synergy My Account
- Who can register for My Account?
As long as you have your Synergy account number then you can take advantage of My Account - the easiest way to manage your usage.
- How do I register for My Account?
It only takes a few minutes, just grab a copy of your Synergy bill. All you need is your account number and name as printed on your bill and you can start using My Account straight away.
When you register, you’ll be asked to make up your own username, password and a password hint.
- What happens to My Account access if I change my address?
Your My Account username and password will stay the same, but your energy account number may change when you move home or premises.
To manage your energy account for your new home, all you need to do is add this account to your My Account portal. Just have a copy of the account number, log in to My Account select 'Add account'.
- What if I forget my username or password to My Account?
No worries, we can help in less than 5 minutes:
- To reset your username, all you need is the email address you used when you registered for My Account
- To reset your password, all you need is your username or the email address registered for My Account
Reset your My Account username
- Are there any additional costs for My Account?
No, My Account is a free service for all our customers to make managing your energy use easier. However, your bank may charge standard transaction fees on electronic payments you make.
- How do I add a new Synergy account to Synergy My Account?
To understand how to add a new Synergy account to your Synergy My Account with step by step instructions, please click read more
- How do I remove a Synergy account from Synergy My Account?
To understand how to remove a Synergy account from your Synergy My Account with step by step instructions, please click read more
- How secure is My Account?
We take great care to handle your personal details using up-to-date security technology. Passwords are encrypted and stored securely.Data is transmitted using secure 256-bit SSL encryption. The security details can be verified by clicking on the padlock icon in the web browser. Payments conform to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. When conducting web payments, the credit card details are only transmitted between the browser and the payment merchant (Commonwealth BPoint).Read more
- Can I view the Synergy website in another language?
Our website is written in English. If you require information in another language please call 13 14 50 to utilise our interpreter services.
- What browsers are recommended for My Account and the Synergy website?
To ensure the best browsing experience, we recommend you download the latest version of:
- Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge when accessing this website via a desktop or laptop
- Apple Safari or Google Chrome when accessing this website via your favourite mobile or tablet device.
- I no longer want to receive promotional messages from Synergy
Aww snap! Are we coming on a little too strong?
No worries – we’ll make sure we unsubscribe you from receiving Synergy promotional messages via email, phone or print. We'll still continue to notify you about updates to your electricity or gas supply including billing and changes to your account or energy contract.
There are a couple of ways to opt out of receiving future, promotional messages from us...
- Call us on 13 13 53 - Monday to Friday, anytime between 7am - 7pm
- Or submit your request online:
- Select 'Unsubscribe me from receiving promotional messages' from the topic list.
- You'll just need to provide your account number and date of birth just to confirm your identity and check we have the right details.
Search all of our help & advice
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.