Most popular FAQs
- What is My Account?
My Account is a secure, energy management tool that gives you more control of your energy from any device, whenever it suits:
- Track your energy usage and more
- Compare your energy usage with similar homes
- Access popular energy saving tips
- View and download your Synergy bills
- Pay faster using a secure, quick and simple payment process and save your credit/debit card for future bill payments
- View and compare your payment history
- Set and forget with Direct Debit using your bank account or credit/debit card
- Request a payment extension
- Arrange a move-in or move-out
- Manage your green energy products
- Nominate a bank account so we can automatically send you any REBS payments earned
- Why can’t I use my username and password to log in to My Account?
The security and privacy of our customers’ information is our highest priority and Synergy undertakes regular assessment and continuous improvement of our security measures, against best-practice industry standards.
We have introduced SMS and email authentication to enhance customer security and this is now a mandatory step each time you log into My Account.
You will no longer be able to log in with your username and password, instead you will need to provide your supply address (normally your home address) exactly as it appears on your Synergy bill and provide your phone number and/or email address to receive a one-time use code to log in to My Account.
- What if I don't have a mobile number or email address linked to my Synergy account?
Please call our contact centre on 13 13 53 Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm (residential customers), or 13 13 54 Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (business customers) to update your account details.
- What is the difference between a Synergy account and My Account?
A Synergy account is the account linked to an individual who is accepting liability for the costs associated with the supply of electricity from Synergy at a property or premises (the supply address). Your Synergy account number is the unique identifier of the account and can be found at the top of your Synergy bill.
My Account is a secure online account management portal for customers that allows you to manage your Synergy account, including updating contact details, viewing current and past bills, your account balance/s and managing any payment arrangements or direct debit arrangements.
If you already have a Synergy account, you can register for My Account here.
If you would like to open a new Synergy account, complete our online form here.
Click here for a simple guide to Synergy My Account.
- How does Synergy’s multi-factor authentication for My Account work?
To log in to My Account, you will need to authenticate your account access using the mobile number or email address linked to your Synergy account. You will also need to enter your supply address exactly as it appears on your Synergy bill.
The validation will send a one-time use code to the mobile number or email address that is linked to the Synergy account, which you will need to enter correctly before you can log on. You will only have 3 attempts of the mobile number and supply address authentication , so please ensure you have entered these details correctly.
The SMS or email code should be sent instantly, so ensure that you check your junk emails or spam SMS folders if it hasn’t come through within one minute of requesting it. The SMS or email code expires after five minutes and you will need to request a new code after that time.
If this happens, you can click on the “I didn’t get a code” link, which can be requested up to 3 times per day. The number of remaining code generation attempts will show on the error message.
If you fail to authenticate your account after three attempts, My Account will be locked and you will need to contact us on 13 13 53 between Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm (residential customers), or on 13 13 54 between Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (business customers) to check your details and to reset My Account.
- Can I change the Synergy account holder’s name?
The Synergy account holder’s name may be changed to reflect a registered name change. If you are the account holder and you wish to update the account to reflect the change to your name, you will need to contact us on 13 13 53 to verify your identity and provide evidence of name change. The name change on the account will be effective from the date we process your request and previous bills will not be updated to reflect the change.
- What is multi-factor authentication?
Multi-factor authentication (also known as MFA) is a security measure that requires customers to enter a code sent via text message or via email as an additional identity factor before accessing their account.
- Why is multi-factor authentication required?
Your protection is our priority, we have upgraded your login experience to increase customer account security with the introduction of multi-factor authentication or MFA.
- Can I change or transfer the account holder on a Synergy account?
No, you are unable to change or transfer the account holder of a Synergy account, even if you are the account holder or an authorised representative on the corresponding Synergy account.
If you would like to open and/or close a Synergy account in your name, as the account holder, you can complete our convenient online form here.
Please note that the person listed as the account holder is liable for all costs associated with the electricity supply at the supply address listed on the corresponding Synergy account.
- Can I cancel My Account?
Yes, just call us 13 13 53 or submit an enquiry with your cancellation request. If you’re moving home and plan to keep using My Account at your new address, you don’t have to cancel your My Account registration.
All you need to do is add your new home to your My Account portal - just have a copy of the account number.
If you want to remove an old account, log in to My Account and select 'Accounts' then ‘Remove Account’ and follow the prompts.
- Who can register for My Account?
As long as you have your Synergy account number then you can take advantage of My Account - the easiest way to manage your usage.
- How do I register for My Account?
It only takes a few minutes, just grab a copy of your Synergy bill. All you need is your account number and name as printed on your bill and you can start using My Account straight away.
When you register, you’ll be asked to make up your own username, password and a password hint.
- Are there any additional costs for My Account?
No, My Account is a free service for all our customers to make managing your energy use easier. However, your bank may charge standard transaction fees on electronic payments you make.
- How do I add a new Synergy account to Synergy My Account?
To understand how to add a new Synergy account to your Synergy My Account with step by step instructions, please click read more
- How do I remove a Synergy account from Synergy My Account?
To understand how to remove a Synergy account from your Synergy My Account with step by step instructions, please click read more
- How secure is My Account?
We take great care to handle your personal details using up-to-date security technology. Data is transmitted using secure 256-bit SSL encryption.
The security details can be verified by clicking on the padlock icon in the web browser. Payments conform to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. When conducting web payments, the credit card details are only transmitted between the browser and the payment merchant (Commonwealth BPoint).
- Can I view the Synergy website in another language?
Our website is written in English. If you require information in another language please call 13 14 50 to utilise our interpreter services.
- What browsers are recommended for My Account and the Synergy website?
To ensure the best browsing experience, we recommend you download the latest version of:
- Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge when accessing this website via a desktop or laptop
- Apple Safari or Google Chrome when accessing this website via your favourite mobile or tablet device.
- I no longer want to receive promotional messages from Synergy
Aww snap! Are we coming on a little too strong?
No worries – we’ll make sure we unsubscribe you from receiving Synergy promotional messages via email, phone or print. We'll still continue to notify you about updates to your electricity or gas supply including billing and changes to your account or energy contract.
There are a couple of ways to opt out of receiving future, promotional messages from us...
- Call us on 13 13 53 - Monday to Friday, anytime between 7am - 7pm
- Or submit your request online:
- Select 'Unsubscribe me from receiving promotional messages' from the topic list.
- You'll just need to provide your account number and date of birth just to confirm your identity and check we have the right details.
Can’t find the answer above? Get in contact, we are happy to help
For residential enquiries call 13 13 53
One of our friendly, team members will be happy to help you:
- 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- We may need to ask you a couple of questions to confirm it's you - just have a copy of your bill handy.
All fields required unless indicated as optional.