How much does it cost to submit a Freedom of Information request?
The rate of fees and charges are set under the FOI Act Regulations. Apart from the application fee for non-personal information, all charges are discretionary. Details of fees and charges are listed below:
- Personal information about applicant - no fee
- Application fee for non-personal information - $30.00
- Charge for time taken dealing with application - $30.00 per hour
- Charges for photocopying - $30.00 per hour for staff and 20 cents per copy
- Charges for staff time in transcribing information from a tape or other device - $30.00 per hour
- Charge for duplicating a tape, film or computer information - actual cost
- Charge for delivery, packaging and postage - actual cost.