Skip to main content

Why am I no longer receiving the Cost of Living Allowance (CoLA) payment?

On 14 May 2015, the state government announced increases to energy prices for WA households. As part of these changes - they also reviewed the eligibility criteria for the Cost of Living Assistance payment (CoLA).

From 1 July 2015...

  • If you only hold a WA Seniors card, you'll no longer be eligible for the WA Government EAP and will not receive any payments from 1 July 2015.
  • As long as you hold a valid Centrelink Commonwealth concession card - you're eligible to apply for the WA Government EAP. You just need to register your card with Synergy.

Eligible Commonwealth Concession cards:

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card Pensioner Concession Card Health Care Card

Register your concession cards with Synergy

If you hold an eligible concession card that is not registered with Synergy, you'll need to register to receive the new WA Government EAP so we can automatically apply the payments to your energy account.

The easiest way to register your Commonwealth concession card is online via My Account. It's quick and easy.