- How many solar panels will I need for my home?
The location of your roof in relation to sunshine, shading, dirt on solar panels and temperature all play a part in maximising your solar power production.Read more
- How do you work out the best battery size for my home?
When looking at the best battery size for your home, you should look at a range of factors, including:
- Your electricity consumption
- Time of day you consume it
- Your solar energy system size (either new or existing)
- What’s the difference between a battery and an inverter?
An inverter will convert electricity into a usable form to be used in your home or stored in a battery.Find out more
A battery allows you to store any power generated from your solar system to use when it best suits you, even when your solar system isn't generating electricity.
Every battery needs an inverter before it can be connected to your home. The same goes for solar panels.
- What effect could a battery have on my bill?
A battery will generally help to reduce your electricity bill. The electricity your solar panels generate using the power of the sun is free and the battery will make the most of the way you use this free electricity. Changing the way you use electricity is another way to maximise the savings on your bill. If you can shift most of your electricity consumption into daylight hours, this will help to make the most of your electricity and potential savings.
- What will my bill now look like with solar?
The good news about solar is that it can make a big difference to the size of your energy bill. This handy guide will help explain what this looks like on your bill.Read more
- Understanding my solar bill
The bills we send out have a fair bit of important information on them, while most of it is pretty straightforward; there are some things that may need a little more explanation.Read more
- Who do I contact for solar PV system service enquiries?
If you bought a solar PV system from Synergy prior to December 2020, simply contact us on 1800 453 021 and we’ll be able to assist.
If you bought a solar PV system after December 2020 from another company, you will need to get in touch with them.