Win $1,000 Synergy account credit - Terms & conditions
Win $1,000 Synergy account credit
Terms and conditions
- The “Win $1,000 Synergy account credit” competition (the Competition) is a trade promotion lottery run by Synergy (ABN 58 673 830 106) on and subject to these terms and conditions. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of the Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
- The Competition commences on Tuesday 11 March 2019 at 10:00am WST and closes at 11:59pm on Monday 25 March 2019 WST (Competition Period). To be eligible entries must be received by Synergy by 11:59pm on Monday 25 March 2019 WST.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over;
- Be a named Synergy residential account holder who has signed up for Paperless Billing; and
- Log in or Register for My Account and, if required, update your details during the Competition Period
- Employees and agents of Synergy, or relatives of them, and any related bodies, are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- Eligible Participants will be automatically entered into the Competition unless they otherwise notify Synergy.
- The Competition prize consists of 1 (one) x $1,000 credit on a Synergy energy bill (Prize).The total Prize value is $1,000.
- The Prize will be processed as a credit on the winner's Synergy account after the winner has contacted Synergy.The winner will receive bill(s) in credit until the full value of the Prize has been reached. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize cannot be varied, transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision regarding the Prize draw, determination of Eligible Participants and the winner, and the conduct of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
- If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Synergy, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value.
- Any additional products or services not included in the Prize, but required by a winner, will need to be arranged and paid for by that winner.
- Synergy will draw by random selection one Eligible Participant who will win the Prize. The draw will take place at around 11:59pm on Monday 25 March 2019 WST at Synergy, 219 St George’s Terrace, Perth, WA 6000. The winner will be notified by mail, email or telephone. The winner has 48 hours after being notified by Synergy to contact Synergy to claim the Prize.
- The winner consents to Synergy using the Eligible Participant's name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy.Each winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media or other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telecommunications networks failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the control of Synergy which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, Synergy in its sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of Gaming and Wagering Commission (WA) or other relevant authorities, if and only to the extent required.
- None of Synergy and its associated agencies and companies accept responsibility for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or any Prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any Prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the rights of any person or entity as a “consumer” under the Australian Consumer Law (or any other statutory rights) to the extent the law does not allow them to be excluded, restricted or modified.
- Without limitation, Synergy may disclose entrants’ personal information to relevant suppliers, contractors and agents for or in relation to any of those purposes and to State and Territory regulatory bodies and winners’ names may be published, as required, under the relevant legislation and as set out in these terms and conditions.
- Synergy may cancel, withdraw or change the duration of the Competition at any time with prior written approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission (WA) if and only to the extent required.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be interpreted with the laws of Western Australia.