Winterworld Synergy Power Slide Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
Win one of 30 double passes for Synergy Power Slide at Winterworld
- The Winterworld Synergy Power Slide Competition (the Competition) is a trade promotion lottery run by Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation (trading as Synergy) (ABN 58 673 830 106) (Synergy) on and subject to these terms and conditions (the Terms). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of the Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
- The Competition commences 10:00am WST on Monday June 24, 2019 and entries close and must be received by 11:59pm WST on Sunday June 30, 2019 (Competition Period).
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to:
(a) Western Australian residents who are current Synergy residential customers in the South West Interconnected System (SWIS) prior to the commencement of the Competition;
(b) who are 18 years of age or older; and (c) who are registered Facebook users (Eligible Entrants).
- Employees and agents of Synergy, or relatives of them, and any related bodies, are not eligible to enter the Competition and if such an entry is submitted, it will not be valid.
- Any entry submitted which does not satisfy the eligibility conditions detailed in these terms and conditions will not be valid.
- An entry is deemed to be received at the time it’s received by Synergy and not at the time of transmission by the Eligible Entrant.
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period, post a comment on Synergy's Facebook page under the Winterworld Synergy Power Slide Competition post telling Synergy in 25 words or less how they keep warm in winter (Eligible Entry).
- Only one Eligible Entry will be accepted for each Eligible Entrant and the first Eligible Entry received will be considered their official entry. Synergy reserves the right to disqualify entries where Synergy considers, in its sole discretion, that the entry has been submitted from a fake profile or a person who has already submitted an Eligible Entry.
- Incomplete, infringing, indecipherable, fake, illegal or offensive entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified from competition entry.
- The prize is 1(x) double pass for the Synergy Power Slide (admits two). The prize is valued at $10.00 each. There are 30 Prizes in total to be won. The total prize pool value is $300.
- The Prize is valid from July 1, 2019 until July 21, 2019. The Prize is valid at Winterworld, Esplanade Park, Fremantle.
- Any Prize must be taken "as offered" and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash. A Prize cannot be used after the validity date.
- If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Synergy reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value and you agree to accept that substitute prize.
- The winners will be selected at Synergy’s office at 219 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000 at 12:00pm WST on Monday July 1 2019. The winners will be notified by Facebook. Synergy will require appropriate contact details and identification from the winner in order to notify the winners and provide the Prize. The winner will forfeit the Prize if the winner does not respond within 24 hours confirming they have won and accepting the Prize. The winners must collect their Prize at the box office of Winterworld, Esplanade Park, Fremantle. If the winner forfeits the Prize it will be randomly awarded to another Eligible Entrant.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision regarding the prize draws, determination of Eligible Entries and winners, and the conduct of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
- Any additional products or services not included in the Prize, but required by a winner, will need to be arranged and paid for by that winner.
- All entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required in editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Each winner consents to Synergy using the Eligible Entrant’s name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy. Each winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
- Synergy accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Synergy has no control over the postal system, internet, telecommunications networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- None of Synergy and its associated agencies and companies are liable to any winner or any other person in any way (including but not limited to liability for negligence) for any loss, expense, damage or injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) in connection with all or any of the promotion, the Competition or acceptance, transportation, delivery or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
- All entrants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and agree to release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the Competition.
- If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, Synergy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (a) disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition, subject to the approval of the Gaming and Wagering Competition (WA) or other relevant authority (if and only to the extent necessary).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the rights of any person or entity as a “consumer” under the Australian Consumer Law (or any other statutory rights) to the extent the law does not allow them to be excluded, restricted or modified.
- Synergy reserves the right to change the duration of the Competition at any time with the prior written approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission (WA) (if and only to the extent necessary).
- The Competition is governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Western Australia.