Synergy Energy Tool Competition
Synergy Energy Tool Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The Synergy Energy Tool Competition (Competition) is a competition run by Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation (trading as Synergy) (ABN 58 673 830 106) (Synergy) on and subject to these terms and conditions (Terms). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of the Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
2. The Competition commences at 10:00am WST on Friday 11 January 2020 and entries close and must be received by 11:59pm WST on Sunday 2 February 2020 (Competition Period).
3. The Synergy Energy Tool is the interactive tool available online at www.synergy.net.au/energytool
4. Subject to clause 5, entry is open to:
(a) Western Australian residents who are current Synergy residential customers in the South West Interconnected System (SWIS) prior to the commencement of the Competition;
(b) who are 18 years of age or older and the named Synergy account holder; and
(c) who are registered Facebook users. (Eligible Entrants).
5. Employees and agents of Synergy, or relatives of them, and any related bodies, are not eligible to enter the Competition and if such an entry is submitted, it will not be valid.
6. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period:
(a) post a comment under the Synergy Energy Tool Competition post on Synergy's Facebook page; and
(b) correctly state in that comment what the Synergy Energy Tool states is the recommended:
(i) temperature in degrees Celsius to run your air-conditioning in Summer; and
(ii) number of loads of washing per week. (Eligible Entry).
7. Any entry submitted by a person who does not satisfy the eligibility conditions detailed in the Terms will not be valid.
8. An Eligible Entry is deemed to be received at the time it is received by Synergy and not at the time of transmission by the Eligible
9. Only one Eligible Entry will be accepted from each Eligible Entrant. The first Eligible Entry received by Synergy from an Eligible Entrant will be considered the Eligible Entrant's official entry. Synergy reserves the right to disqualify entries where Synergy considers, in its sole discretion, that the entry has been submitted from a fake profile or a person who has already submitted an Eligible Entry.
10. Incomplete, infringing, indecipherable, illegal, fake or offensive entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified from the Competition.
11. The prize is a $100 Synergy account credit (Prize).
12. There will be 5 Prizes awarded to 5 Eligible Entrants who submitted an Eligible Entry selected at random. The total prize pool value is $500.
13. The Prize will be processed as a credit on the first bill issued after a winner has contacted Synergy to accept the Prize until the value of the Prize has been reached. For the avoidance of doubt, the credit cannot be redeemed for cash.
14. Any prize must be taken "as offered" and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
15. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Synergy reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value and you agree to accept that substitute prize.
16. The winners will be selected at Synergy’s office at 219 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000 after 12:00pm WST on Tuesday 4 February 2020. The winners will be notified via Facebook. Synergy will require appropriate contact details and identification from the winner in order to provide the Prize. The winner will forfeit the Prize if the winner does not respond within 24 hours confirming they have won and accepting the Prize. If the winner forfeits the Prize it will be randomly awarded to another Eligible Entrant who has not already been selected as a winner.
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision regarding the Prize, determination of eligible entries and winners, and the conduct of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any dispute or other matter arising in relation to the Competition.
18. Any additional products or services not included in the Prize, but required by a winner, will need to be arranged and paid for by that winner.
19. All entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required in editorial and promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Each winner consents to Synergy using the Eligible Entrant’s name, entry, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy. Each winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media or other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
20. Synergy accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Synergy has no control over the postal system, internet, telecommunications networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
21. None of Synergy and its associated agencies and companies are liable to any winner or any other person in any way (including but not limited to liability for negligence) for any loss, expense, damage or injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) in connection with all or any of the promotion, the Competition or acceptance, transportation, delivery or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
22. All entrants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and agree to release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the Competition.
24. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, Synergy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:
(a) disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or
(b) cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition,
subject to the approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission (WA) or other relevant authority (if and only to the extent required).
25. Nothing in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies the rights of any person or entity as a “consumer” under the Australian Consumer Law (or any other statutory rights) to the extent the law does not allow them to be excluded, restricted or modified.
27. Synergy reserves the right to change the duration of the Competition at any time with the prior written approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission (WA) (if and only to the extent required).
28. The Competition is governed by, and these Terms are to be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of Western Australia.