1. These terms and conditions apply to you signing up to receive Automated REBS Payments from Synergy. By agreeing to receive Automated REBS Payments, you confirm that you have read and understood and accept these terms and conditions.
3. To be eligible to receive Automated REBS Payments:
(a) you must be registered for REBS on an active residential Synergy account;
(b) your Synergy account must not be part of a grouped account;
(c) you must be registered for paperless billing; and
(d) your Synergy account must be in credit by $75 or more on the first business day of the month following the receipt of your last bill.
If any of the above criteria is not met at the point of a payment run, the payment will not be processed automatically and will remain against your account.
Customers who are registered for BPay View are not eligible for Automated REBS Payments.
4. If you are eligible, the Automated REBS Payment made to you will be the amount payable by Synergy to you which exceeds the amount owed by you to Synergy as stated on your last bill (where that amount is $75 or more).
5. Automated REBS payment will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to your nominated bank account. Synergy endeavour to pay Automated REBS payments to your nominated bank account following the first business day of the month after the receipt of your last bill. For clarity, we do not include State & Federal public holidays as a business day. Your nominated account cannot be a credit card account. Synergy cannot make automated payments for other types of credits, such as CentrePay or Salary Sacrifice arrangements.
6. Automated REBS Payments are based on your most recent meter reading.
7. Automated REBS Payment apply only to accounts that are charged based on actual meter readings, and do not apply to accounts that are charged based on estimated readings or self-readings.
8. If you have multiple Synergy accounts, your Automated REBS Payment may be used to offset an account with a debit amount in accordance with the REBS Terms and Conditions.
9. You must ensure that your bank account details registered with Synergy are up-to-date and correct in order to receive your EFT credit correctly. Synergy takes no responsibility for, and will have no liability to you for, payments made to bank accounts where you have not updated Synergy within time for Synergy to change your bank account details.
10. You may choose to opt out of receiving Automated REBS Payment at any time by contacting us either online through My Account or by phone.
11. If you choose to deregister for Paperless Billing, you will automatically be deregistered from the Automated REBS Payment service.
12. We may, by notice in writing to you, cancel Automated REBS Payments or vary these terms.