Paperless - Terms & Conditions
Once you register for Paperless, Synergy will send you emails with a pdf copy of your Bills. Payment reminders, disconnection notices and our marketing publications may also be sent by email.
What you need to know
- By registering for Paperless, you accept these terms and conditions and agree:
a) to receive all Bills and Communications from us by email to your nominated email address;
b) that Bills will no longer be delivered to your mailing address;
c) if you are an existing customer and you establish a new account with us or enter into a new supply agreement, we will send emails to your nominated email address; and
d) we will send SMS alerts to your nominated mobile number if you elect to receive SMS alerts through My Account, Synergy’s website or by contacting us on the numbers below. SMS alerts will let you know when your Bill has been issued and (unless you have a collective account) remind you that your bill payment is due.
- We will continue to send you Bills and Communications by email and SMS alerts unless:
a) you tell us otherwise in accordance with clauses 3 or 5;
b) Synergy no longer offers Paperless; or
c) your Supply Agreement expires or is terminated and you have not entered into a new Supply Agreement with us.
- You may change how you receive your Bills and Communications either through My Account or by calling us on 13 13 53 (residential customers), or 13 13 54 (business customers). It may take up to one billing cycle for this change to take effect. In the meantime you will continue to receive your Bill and any other Communications as previously nominated by you.
- If you change how you receive your Bill, you will also automatically change how you receive any other Communications.
- You can opt out of receiving SMS alerts through My Account or by contacting us on the telephone numbers above.
Your nominated email address
- We will send an email to your nominated email address to confirm Paperless has been set up on your account.
- Your Bills and Communications can only be delivered to one email address for an account. If you have multiple accounts then you can elect a different email address for each account.
- If you request that we send your Bills and Communications to another person's email address, all of your Bills and Communications will be sent to that person's email address. You must make sure that you receive all of your Bills and Communications.
- We will try to deliver your Bills and Communications to your nominated email address. However, there may be events or circumstances beyond our control which means that we cannot deliver Bills and Communications to your nominated email address.
- If we cannot deliver your Bills or Communications to your nominated email address, we may: a) send a Bill and Communication to the mailing address on your account; b) in our discretion, send all future Bills and Communications to your nominated mailing address for your account; or c) contact you to request that you nominate an alternative email address.
- Although we will try to deliver your Bills and Communications to your nominated email address, you must contact us if you do not receive your Bill and pay your account(s) by the due date specified on your Bill, whether or not you receive, read or access your Bill.
- To make sure you continue to receive your Bills and any Communications, it is your responsibility to:
a) notify us immediately if your nominated email address or mobile number changes;
b) regularly check your inbox for your Bill, which will generally be sent in accordance with normal billing cycles;
c) regularly check your inbox for any Communications that may be sent to you;
d) ensure that you have sufficient space available in your email inbox to receive your Bill and any Communications;
e) contact us if you do not receive your Bill. You may wish to first check your junk email folder to see if your Bill or any Communications have been delivered there instead of to your inbox; and
f) keep your email account secure to protect the privacy of your personal and credit information contained in your Bill and any Communications. These terms and our obligations
- These terms and conditions apply separately and in addition to the terms of your Supply Agreements, our General Website Use Terms and the My Account Terms and Conditions, and do not vary, waive or replace any of those terms in any way.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and those terms referred to in clause 13, these terms and conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency in relation to the delivery of your Bill and any other Communications.
- We may cancel, amend or replace these terms and conditions. If we do, we will give you notice of the change and the date from which the change applies by (at our discretion) an email to your nominated email address, My Account, the Website, in press advertisements, by letter, newsletter, your Bill or a Communication.
Bill(s) means your Synergy bill(s) for the account(s) you hold with us from time to time and includes any communications, notices or other billing related information sent by us to you in relation to your account;
Collective account means a group of active accounts which receive one Bill sent to the “parent” account, instead of multiple bills for each of the "child" accounts consolidated under the "parent" account;
Communications includes all energy related notices from us for your account such as payment reminders, disconnection notices and debt collection notices, all marketing or service publications and any other notices or publications sent by us from time to time;
My Account means our My Account web-based online account services tool, accessed via the Website, as amended or replaced from time to time;
Supply Agreements means all and any agreements and arrangements you have with us from time to time for or in relation to the supply by us of any electricity, gas or other goods or services to you and your payment for them (including but not limited to any agreed direct debit, instalment or other payment plan or arrangement); we, our or us means Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation trading as Synergy (ABN 58 673 830 106) of 228 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia;
Website means our internet website located at www.synergy.net.au, as altered or replaced from time to time; and you or your means the person who accepts these terms and conditions.