How can I reduce my bill?
AV and home entertainment
Audio visual equipment like televisions, DVD players and computers account for around 18% of the energy usage within Western Australian homes. Try these tips to reduce your energy use:
- Turn off the TV during dinner. It will allow you to spend quality time with your family, whilst lowering your energy costs at the same time.
- When the kids are at the park or playing outside remember to turn off all the lights, TVs and computers.
- Enjoy some fresh air - take a walk to your local park, go and have lunch at a café or read a book in Kings Park. When you venture outside remember to turn off TVs, games consoles and lights.
- Have a no TV, no computer night every month. Bring out the old board games for some nostalgic fun and power saving.
- Use a power board to switch everything off at once, or consider buying one with individual switches that allows you to control which devices are on and off.
Choosing a television:
Have you ever considered how energy-efficient your television is? LCD and LED screens tend to be more energy-efficient than plasma screens, and new sets models come with built-in eco settings to help you reduce your energy usage. The larger the screen, generally the more electricity it will consume. Always consider the energy star rating when purchasing new appliances.
Energy saver households
3 x 1 house. 2 adults and 2 children. Reduced their energy use by 19%. If continued for a year, would save over $200*.
4 x 2 house. 2 adults and 1 child. Reduced their energy use by 27%. If continued for a year, would save almost $300*.
* Savings for these Synergy customers have been calculated using the household's consumption during the four week study period compared to a baseline collected one week prior to the study. If data for one week prior to the study was not available, the household's average consumption for the same time the previous year was used.
Savings based on Synergy's Home Plan (A1 price) 24.8866 cents (inc GST) correct as at 1 July, 2012.
View New My Account
In order to view your Synergy My Account you must use a modern browser. For our customers security we no longer support Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7.