Synergy Business Time of Use® (R1) tariff
Enjoy lower rates if you can switch more usage to off peak
A government regulated tariff to support businesses that use more than 35% of electricity during off peak periods
- Enjoy lower, off peak rates after 10pm during the week and all weekend
- Fixed daily supply charge
- Suitable for low and high voltage
- Compatible meter required
- Access to our dedicated business support team
- Track your usage with My Account, our free energy management tool
The Business Time of Use® (R1) tariff is a Government regulated electricity tariff developed to suit small businesses with day and night operations. It's most suited to businesses that use over 35% of their energy during off peak periods.
- Use under 50,000 units p.a. of electricity (which is approximately $14,000 p.a.) and agree to sign up for a minimum 12 months
- Only available for business customers
- Compatible meter required. Installation fees apply (see below)
Meter installation fees
A meter installation fee of $786.40 may apply (unless an acceptable R1-compatible time-of-use meter is already fitted).
|Item||Price inc. GST|
|Supply charge||3.4494 dollars per day|
|Electricity charge - peak (8am- 10pm)||37.4114 cents per unit|
|Electricity charge - off peak (10pm- 8am weekdays and all weekend- excludes public holidays)||11.2234 cents per unit|
Effective 1 July 2020. Prices are subject to change from time to time and other fees and charges may also apply. Prices listed include GST unless otherwise stated. By law we calculate our prices to four decimal places. Electricity is charged by the 'unit'. A 'unit' is one kilowatt-hour (kWh).
The pricing details shown relate to Synergy customers connected to the South West Interconnected System (SWIS), covering the area from Kalbarri in the North, down to Albany in the South and East to Kalgoorlie. For other areas of Western Australia outside of the SWIS please contact Horizon Power.
|Fees & charges||Price inc. GST|
|Account establishment fee||$ 42.75|
|Cheque dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Credit/debit card transaction fee - American Express||0.84 %|
|Credit card transaction fee - MasterCard||0.85 %|
|Debit card transaction fee - MasterCard||0.31 %|
|Credit card transaction fee - Visa||0.85 %|
|Debit card transaction fee - Visa||0.38 %|
|Direct debit dishonour fee||$ 2.55|
|Disconnection of overhead house/premises service fee following illegal re-connection||$ 194.00|
|Meter reconfiguration fee||$ 66.00|
|Meter reconfiguration fee - remote||$ 34.00|
|Meter testing fee (refunded if meter is faulty)||$ 336.15|
|Over the counter transaction fee||$ 2.10|
|Overdue account notice fee (GST doesn't apply)||$ 6.15|
|Paper based bill fee||$ 1.20|
|Reconnection fee||$ 31.10|
|Rejected payment/dishonour fee (payment made at Australia Post)||$ 29.00|
|Removal of a temporary supply fee||$ 469.15|
|Renewable Energy Buyback Scheme application fee (educational and non profit organisations only)||$ 21.00|
|Special meter reading fee||$ 33.00|
|Special meter reading fee - remote||$ 17.60|
|Subsidiary electricity meter rental fee. (Not available to customers on R1, R3, S1 or T1 tariffs)||$ 0.1597 per day|
Connect today with a Business Time of Use (R1) tariff
- Whether you’re moving in or out, you can create or transfer your electricity connection online in less than 10 minutes
- Just have a copy of your bill, new address and meter number handy to get started
- It takes around 3 business days (excluding weekends) to get you connected and you’ll receive your first bill after that
If you require multiple connections, please call 13 13 54.
Open new account
Firstly, welcome! If you’ve never had an account with us before, we just need a few extra details to get your account up and running.
Have your new address details, move in date and contact details handy and call our friendly Customer Service centre on 13 13 54.
Switch to this plan
Already a Synergy customer and want to switch to the Business Time of Use R1 tariff?
No problem. Just download and send a completed Business Time of Use R1 tariff application form to our support team.