- The eConnect promotion is a trade promotion lottery run by Synergy (ABN 71 743 446 839) on and subject to these terms and conditions. Eligible participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Synergy’s decision regarding the prize draws and determination of eligible entries and winners is final.
- To be eligible to receive an entry you must:
a) be at least 18 years of age;
b) be a Synergy residential account holder in the South West Interconnected System;
c) be registered for Paperless with Synergy and receive your bills by email;
d)have an active Direct Debit Service Agreement in place to pay your Synergy bills automatically from a bank account or credit card facility when due; and
d) have a linked Synergy 'My Account'.
- Synergy's Paperless terms and conditions and Direct Debit Service Agreement terms and conditions apply.
- Customers who are registered for BPay View or Direct Debit by Instalment with Synergy are not eligible.
- Entry is automatic for eligible residential customers if, at the time of the draw, the customer has paid any accounts that were due and payable via Direct Debit on or before the due date.
- Employees, relatives and agents of Synergy and its related bodies are not eligible.
- The trade promotion lottery commences on 1 July 2022 and closes on 30 June 2023.
- Ten winners will be drawn by random electronic selection in each draw. The first draw will occur on 31 August 2022 with subsequent draws on the last business day of every second month following the previous draw except the final draw which will occur on 30 June 2023. There will be a total of six draws. Draws take place at Synergy, 219 St Georges Terrace, Perth.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or telephone.
- The value of each prize is $200 (GST inc.) which will be credited to each winner's residential Synergy account within 10 business days.
- The total prize pool value for all six draws part of this eConnect promotion is $12,000 (GST inc.).
- Prize must be taken “as offered” and cannot be varied, extended, exchanged, transferred or redeemed as cash or an upfront credit. If the Synergy account holder terminates their account with Synergy after the Prize is awarded but before the account credit is fully applied then any remaining amount of the account credit will be forfeited.
- If there is any expiry date by which the prize must be used then Synergy will not be responsible if the prize expires as a result of not being used or redeemed prior to that expiry date.
- Synergy is not liable for any loss, damage or injury arising out of, or in any way connected with this promotion and/or the prize.
- Each winner consents to Synergy using their name, suburb and photograph for publicity purposes.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of the promotion is not capable of running as planned, Synergy in its sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission or other relevant authority, if and only to the extent required.
- Synergy reserves the right to change the duration of the promotion at any time with the prior written approval of the Gaming and Wagering Commission if and only to the extent required.
- A breach or violation of any of these terms will result in an immediate termination of your eligibility to participate in the trade promotion lottery.
- None of Synergy and its associated agencies and companies are liable to any winner or any other person in any way (including but not limited to liability for negligence) for any loss, expense, damage or injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) in connection with all or any of the promotion, the Competition or acceptance, transportation, delivery or use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
- All entries will be the property of Synergy. The information entrants provide will be used by Synergy for the purpose of conducting this promotion. Synergy may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation. Synergy’s marketing activities are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- All winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Each winner consents (and will procure all necessary consents) to Synergy using their name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy. Each winner agrees they will not and will ensure that their companions do not sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media or other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the rights of any person or entity as a “consumer” under the Australian Consumer Law (or any other statutory rights) to the extent the law does not allow them to be excluded, restricted or modified.
- In the event that any provision of these terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Western Australia.