Maximise your solar system by adding a battery
Adding a battery to your commercial solar system could help you use even more of the electricity your solar panels generate, so you can maximise your solar savings once the sun goes down.
Potential benefits for your business
Store excess power
Keep your electricity on during a power outage
(subject to battery capacity, charge and safety considerations)
Potential savings on your electricity consumption costs
An environmentally-friendly energy solution
How does a solar battery work?
- The sun shines on your solar panels.
- Your solar panels turn this solar energy into electricity, then send it through your inverter to use to power the lights, heating and cooling systems, electrical equipment and appliances you use in your business.
- If your solar panels generate more electricity than your business uses during the day, this is generally fed back into the electricity grid. At night, you would usually draw from the grid to power your business.
- If you have a solar battery, your excess power could instead be fed into your battery. Your solar battery will store electricity and charge the battery, in a similar way to how your mobile phone battery stores its electrical charge.
- A solar battery has an inverter which can then turn that stored solar charge into electricity for you to use when the sun goes down.
- Once your solar battery has been depleted, you would then draw electricity from the grid again until your solar panels are producing electricity again on the next sunny day.
Battery technology could be a significant investment for your business – but it’s not right for every business. Speak to our Commercial SolarReturn team to find the best solution for your commercial solar needs.
Find out if SolarReturn will be right for your business...
We'll take in to account your consumption history, location, usage patterns and how much you currently pay for electricity. A quick chat to better understand your business needs - will help us figure out if you will or won't better off with solar power.
Our Commercial SolarReturn team will be in touch with you as soon as possible!
All fields required unless indicated as optional.
If you'd prefer to talk to someone straight away, one of our SolarReturn experts are here to help you:
- Just call 1800 453 021 - Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm (excluding public holidays)
- We may ask you a couple of questions about your business and energy usage - it helps to have a copy of your bill close by.