Synergy #SolarSaver competition
Want to win $500 off your Synergy energy bill? Simply head to the Synergy Facebook page and tell us which #SolarSaver energy tip you’d use to get the most out of your solar panels.Entries can be submitted via wall post or commenting on the competition post at www.facebook.com/SynergyWA
Terms and Conditions
1. The Synergy “SolarSaver” competition (Competition) is a competition run by Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation (trading as Synergy, ABN 58 673 830 106) (Synergy) on these terms and conditions (Terms). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must:
a. be 18 years of age or older;
b. be a current Synergy residential customer in the South West Interconnected System (SWIS); and
c. have a Facebook account,
(Eligible Entrant). Any entry submitted which does not satisfy the eligibility conditions detailed in the Terms, including but not limited to this clause 2, is invalid.
3. Employees of, and contractors engaged by, Synergy, including their immediate families, are ineligible to win the Competition.
4. The Competition commences at 7:00am (WST) on Friday 23 September, 2016 and entries close and must be received by 6:00pm (WST) on Friday, 30 September 2016 (Competition Period).
5. An entry is deemed to be received at the time it’s received by Synergy and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. If the Eligible Entrant’s Facebook privacy settings restrict Synergy from accessing the Competition entry, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
6. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period:
a. log into their personal Facebook page and visit Synergy’s page at https://www.facebook.com/synergywa ; and
b. submit a #SolarSaver energy saving tip to either the Synergy timeline post or on the Synergy Facebook wall,
together, the “Eligible Entry”.
7. Only one Eligible Entry will be accepted for each Eligible Entrant. The first post received will be considered the Eligible Entrant’s official entry.
8. Incomplete, infringing, indecipherable, illegal or offensive entries will be deemed invalid and the post removed from Synergy’s Facebook page. Entries that feature any corporate advertising material or messages (other than Synergy) will be disqualified from entry and the post removed.
9. The Competition prize is $500 credit towards a Synergy residential electricity account (Prize).There is 1 Prize to be won in total.
10. The Prize must be taken "as offered" and cannot be varied, extended, or transferred or exchanged for cash. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Synergy reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value or specification or both. The Synergy SolarReturn product terms and conditions apply and must be accepted by the winner (or their nominee) prior to system installation.
11. One Eligible Entrant will be awarded the Prize based on random selection at around 12 noon on Monday 3 October 2016 at Synergy’s office at 219 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000.
12. Synergy will notify the winner by Facebook Messenger after the Prize draw. The winner must respond within 2 business days from the time of the notice is sent by Synergy. If the winner does not respond within this time, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be redrawn in Synergy’s discretion. Synergy will require appropriate contact details from the winner in order to provide the Prize.
13. Synergy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Any additional products or services not included in the Prize, but required by a winner, will need to be arranged and paid for by that winner.
15. The Prize must be installed within twelve months of expiry of the Competition Period.
16. The Prize may be transferred to another person, provided that:
a. the person meets the eligibility criteria under clause 2, except clause 2(c);
b. Synergy’s written approval is granted to the transfer, which may be withheld in Synergy’s absolute discretion; and
c. the Prize is not be transferred for financial gain, trade or benefit.
17. Synergy accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, before, during or after the Competition.
18. All Eligible Entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required in editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner consents to Synergy using the Eligible Entrant’s, name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy. The winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not, sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
19. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, Synergy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:
a. disqualify any entrant; or
b. cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition.
20. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants completely release Facebook from any and all liability in connection with the Competition.
22. The Competition is governed by the laws of Western Australia.