Beat the heat Facebook competition
Share your “beat the heat” energy efficient tip with us on Facebook for your chance to win a $250 credit towards your next Synergy bill.
Simply find the competition post at the top of our Synergy Facebook Page, and comment with your energy efficient way to #beattheheat in the next three days as the mercury tops over 40 degrees. We will select one entrant to win a $250 credit on their bill.
The post may be in the form of a comment, or you can share an image of your tip in motion to enter the draw!
Competition opens 4:30pm February 9, 2016 and closes 5pm Thursday February 11 WST.
Click here to enter: https://www.facebook.com/SynergyWA/
Terms & Conditions
- The Synergy “Beat the Heat” competition (the Competition) is a competition run by Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation (trading as Synergy ABN 58 673 830 106) (Synergy) on these terms and conditions (the Terms). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must:
a. be 18 years of age or older;
b. be a current Synergy residential customer in the South West Interconnected System (SWIS) prior to the commencement of the Competition; and
c. have a Facebook account,
(Eligible Entrant). Any entry submitted which does not satisfy the eligibility conditions detailed in the Terms, including but not limited to this clause 2, will be invalid.
- Employees of, and contractors engaged by, Synergy, including their immediate families, are ineligible to win.
- The Competition commences at 5:00pm (WST) on Tuesday 9 February 2016 and entries close and must be received by 5:00pm (WST) on Thursday 11 February 2016 (Competition Period).
- An entry is deemed to be received at the time it’s received by Synergy and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period share their “Beat the Heat” energy efficiency tip to the Synergy Facebook competition post, via either text (explanation) or image (Eligible Entry).
- Only one Eligible Entry will be accepted for each Eligible Entrant and the first post received will be considered their official entry.
- Incomplete, infringing, indecipherable, illegal or offensive entries will be deemed invalid and the post removed. Entries that feature any corporate advertising material or messages (other than Synergy) will be disqualified from entry and the post removed.
- The prize is a $250 credit to the winner’s Synergy residential electricity account (the Prize). There is 1 Prize to be won.
- The Prize must be taken "as offered" and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
- An Eligible Entry will be drawn by random selection at around 12 noon on Friday 12 February 2016 at Synergy’s office at 228 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000.
- The winner will be notified by Facebook Messenger after the Prize draw and must respond within 24 business hours from the message being sent by Synergy. If the winner does not respond within this time, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be redrawn in Synergy’s discretion. Synergy will require appropriate contact details from the winner in order to provide the Prize.
- Synergy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any additional products or services not included in the Prize, but required by a winner, will need to be arranged and paid for by that winner.
- Synergy accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, before, during or after the Competition.
- Each Eligible Entry submitted as part of the Competition becomes the property of Synergy (the Work). As a condition of entry, each Eligible Entrant irrevocably grants to Synergy an non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright) in and to the Work and consents to Synergy doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of an entrant’s moral rights.
- Each Eligible Entrant warrants to Synergy that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of these warranties will result in the Eligible Entry being invalid. In addition, each Eligible Entrant indemnifies Synergy against all loss, damages and costs incurred by Synergy arising from that entrant’s breach of these warranties.
- All Eligible Entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required in editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner consents to Synergy using the Eligible Entrant’s Work, name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), Synergy and the products or services or both supplied by Synergy. The winner agrees they will not, and will ensure that their companions do not sell or otherwise provide their story and photographs to any media other organisation without Synergy’s consent.
- If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, Synergy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:
a. disqualify any entrant; or
b. cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Eligible Entrants completely release Facebook from any and all liability in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Western Australia.